Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

Additional Guidance for Review - Introduction to Contact & Recovery

• 1.  Additional Guidance for Review - Introduction to Contact & Recovery

Posted 11-20-2020 12:29 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello everyone!

We have another document for review and for your feedback - introduction to contact & recovery.

This document will be an additional guidance to the curriculum.
    Please have a look over and let us know if you have any questions, concerns, feedback. 
    There are 2 tables in Appendix 3 with similar info -- it would be good to know which one you found most useful or easy to read etc - whichever you prefer basically.

You can comment here, use the feedback form, or send an email to catherine@wftda.com 
    Thanks! 

------------------------------
    Catherine Beat-Her Bonez / Katharina Bohnert
    WFTDA Education Senior Programs Manager
    Bear City Roller Derby
    She/her

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Additional Guidance for Review - Introduction to Contact & Recovery

Posted 12-01-2020 01:40 AM
    I like table 1 but also like the additional info in 2. I'm assuming as the table is expanded that the content for lateral hits would be in its section.

• 3.  RE: Additional Guidance for Review - Introduction to Contact & Recovery

Posted 12-10-2020 04:58 PM
    Discussed this with our training team. Here is some of the feedback.

Preferred Table 2. Overall this document we felt was overwhelming in length and leaves a lot of judgement to individual teams as far as expectations. We would like documents more concise and very clear tables or matrixes. We appreciate all the work being done because an overhaul was definately needed.

• 4.  RE: Additional Guidance for Review - Introduction to Contact & Recovery

Posted 12-11-2020 10:10 AM

Hi Prairie Smoke!

Thank you for the feedback and for reviewing it as a team.  :)

It _is_ long - I very much agree with that!   We wrestled with the balance between making sure we said everything with it not being a novel. 

One of the next steps (2021) will be to produce some "one pagers" that highlight different elements of the process -- this will hopefully make the key points really visible and folks can refer to the overall document for more detail.

​Also, some of the text will be in graphics in the final version of the document so that will hopefully make it more accessible, even though it'll still be quite long. 

What sorts of things would you like to see in a matrix?  Do you have any specific parts of the document that you think might be easier in that format?  We have this weekend to continue to refine it, so any thoughts are welcome.  :) 

TY! 

Hydra 

Hydra

• 5.  RE: Additional Guidance for Review - Introduction to Contact & Recovery

Posted 12-11-2020 10:25 AM
    I think "one pagers" would definately helpful. Glad to hear. We liked the formatting of the 2017 MSR companion document with easy to read tables with short summaries. Maybe matrix is the wrong word? but for example the graphic in page 6? Had to do some reading over a few times to fully understand it. I do like the appendices for longer side topics such as example drills.

Please sign up or log in for full access to WFTDA Online Community content.

Learn more about how to access the WFTDA Online Community.