Topic Thread

Expand all | Collapse all

A Call for Contacts of Coaches/Players of Various (Non--Derby) Sports

• 1.  A Call for Contacts of Coaches/Players of Various (Non--Derby) Sports

Posted 08-14-2020 03:13 PM

Hello everyone! 

As a part of our current work packages in the MSR Task Force, I am looking to get in touch with coaches & players of:

• ice hockey
    • roller hockey (inline and quad)
    • rugby
    • American football
    • water polo
    • men's lacrosse
    • hurling/camogie
    • kabaddi
    • quidditch
    • etc. (specifically sports that require in contact and/or an additional skill beyond standard walking/running)
    If you, a family member, or friend is a coach/player of one of these sports, please share my contact info: river.strong.11@gmail.com. I'm hoping to be able to chat about how players are prepped to play their sport and get a few questions answered:

1. Is there a benchmark program for skills/abilities provided for your sport?
    2. What skills are required of players before they may play in a game? In a scrimmage?
    3. What skills are expected of players before they may play in a game? In a scrimmage?
    4. Is there a variant(s) of the game that is used to introduce gameplay to new players for the sport?

If you have any questions or know of a contact I should reach out to, feel free to message me here or send me an email: river.strong.11@gmail.com

Thanks! 
    River

------------------------------
    River Strong
    Charlottesville Derby Dames

• 2.  RE: A Call for Contacts of Coaches/Players of Various (Non--Derby) Sports

Posted 08-26-2020 10:31 AM
    A follow-up: We are specifically looking for more non-USA voices & experiences! Especially, non-US & non-European! Please reach out if you have connections and/or experiences in these settings! river.strong.11@gmail.com

River Strong
    Charlottesville Derby Dames

Please sign up or log in for full access to WFTDA Online Community content.

Learn more about how to access the WFTDA Online Community.