Officials - Patch Locations

Hello, is Certification or TOSP being strict on officials’ patch locations?

I notice that Frogmouth (a licensed partner) is selling referee shirts with the member patch on the bottom right torso, certification patch on the top left chest.

Officiating Uniform policy + FAQ says that member patches need to be on the top left chest, certification patches on the right sleeve.

Are they selling noncompliant uniforms, or is the uniform policy due for an update?

These elements if the uniform policy have not changed in over five years, and were not due for a substantial change on the next rewrite.

Frogmouth is seeking non-compliant officiating uniforms. I can’t speak for any licensing agreements they have with the WFTDA or any review processes that might be a part of them, but this looks like it is sort of following skater patch guidelines, which are different from the Tournament Officials Uniform Policy guidelines.

1 Like

Certification approved Frogmouth to print the patch on the chest only for tanktop jerseys that do not have a right sleeve. The uniform policy will shortly be changed to reflect this. You can’t put a patch on a sleeve that doesn’t exist.

However. Cert patch placement has not changed for jerseys with sleeves. The depicted sleeved jerseys, on their site, are not valid for wear. I have contacted WFTDA Leadership to have them removed. If you bought one, you should probably request a refund or a new jersey with the patch printed legally.

4 Likes

We communicated with them multiple times on where the patches need to be located. Since Lesley is off on maternity leave, the Board and I are covering licensing and will reach out to Frogmouth to get this fixed.

The FAQ has the correct information on the program and placement of patches.

1 Like

Hi everyone -

I spoke with Frogmouth and it turns out that they have the correct patterns for the patch placement, but need to update the photos on the web site. Hopefully they will do that soon. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

4 Likes